Are you thinking of renewing your TV and already make the leap to 4K? Below we review the best 30, 40 and 50-inch Ultra HD resolution televisions of the moment. Devices with HDR10 + screen for a greater lighting range, Dolby Digital sound, SmartTV function to be able to watch YouTube, Netflix, HBO Spain, install apps or communicate with Alexa. If you plan to put aside the combo of your old TV and your Android TV Box for a more modern equipment, do not miss the following list.
What features should I look for in a 4K TV?
Before getting into flour, it is important to be clear about all the concepts that are usually associated with very high definition televisions. Let's see what exactly they mean ...
- 4K Ultra HD resolution: The term 4K or “Ultra HD” (they are synonymous) refers to the number of pixels displayed on the screen, which is used to determine the level of sharpness of the image. 4K televisions usually reach 3840 × 2160 pixels, quadrupling the resolution offered by the standard HD format.
- HDR: HDR format refers to the illumination range of the screen. An HDR television is capable of displaying a wider color spectrum, with more vivid, realistic and natural colors, with deeper blacks and lighter whites. Currently there are 3 types of format: HDR10 (maximum 1,000 nits of brightness and 1,070 million colors), Dolby Vision (up to 10,000 nits of brightness and 68,000 million colors) and HDR10 + (up to 4,000 nits of brightness and the same colors as HDR10 but with dynamic Dolby Vision metadata).
- Dolby sound: Today's televisions offer various audio formats. Dolby has 3 formats ranging from Dolby Digital (lossy compression that allows 5.1 channels, the most used in DVDs), passing through the Dolby Digital Plus (lossy compression allowing up to 20 channels), the Dolby True HD (practically lossless compression, the most used in Blu-Ray) and the Dolby Atmos (the sounds move in a three-dimensional space, more immersive, allows up to 64 channels).
- DTS sound: Some TVs use the DTS format instead of Dolby. There are 3 variants: DTS-HD Master Audio (lossless compression, the equivalent of Dolby True HD), DTS: X (sounds move in three-dimensional space, rival to Dolby Atmos) and DTS Virtual X (Multi-dimensional sound, unlike Dolby Atmos it does not require installing 2 ceiling speakers).
- OLED, LCD or IPS panel?: LCD panels with LED backlighting are the current standard (typically “VA” type). The IPS panelsAs opposed to VA panels, they are LCD panels with a higher viewing angle and better response times. For their part, OLED panels They offer better image quality, but can also suffer what is known as "permanent image burn" if we leave a fixed image on the screen for a long time.
There are also other factors that may be interesting to take into account, such as the number of USB and HDMI ports (if they are 2.0 better than better).
The 10 best TVs with 4K Ultra HD resolution
Now that we are more or less clear about what we have to look at, let's see which are the best 4K televisions of various sizes (40, 50 and more than 60 inches) that we can currently find within the leading brands and models of 2019.
One of the best high-end 4K Ultra HD TV that we can find right now. It mounts an OLED screen with a 2200 PMI refresh rate, 5x HDR, Local Dimming with autoluminescent pixels, True Color Accuracy Pro, resolution scaler and 4x noise reduction. In short: an image quality that is hard to beat.
In sound is another of its strengths: 60 W of power distributed in six speakers and a woofer included in the base, with 4.2 channels, Dolby Atmos and Clear Voice III. Regarding the software, it incorporates LG ThinQ AI (voice recognition), WebOS with application store, 4 HDMI 2.0 ports, 3 USB 2.0 inputs, Wi-Fi and integrated Bluetooth.
Approximate price*: € 1,545.00 (55-inch version) | See on Amazon
Samsung 4K UHD 2019 43RU7405
One of the best TVs in value for money released in 2019. A mid-range TV with Ultra HD resolution, VA-type LED panel, 4K processor, Dynamic Cristal Color technology and HDR10 + with more than one billion colors. As far as sound is concerned, mount 2 speakers with Dolby Digital Plus, 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB and Ethernet LAN input.
Likewise, this model includes a Smart TV function, with Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Netflix, YouTube, Rakuten TV and 3GB of space to install all the apps we may need. It is also compatible with Apple TV and Alexa. The only downside that we can put is that it does not play AVI files or with DTS encoding from USB. Otherwise, a very versatile television. Available in 43 ”, 50”, 55 ”and 65” sizes.
Approximate price*: € 448.99 (43-inch version) | See on Amazon
4K TV with support for HDR10 and 4K X-Reality PRO processor that works on lower quality images to bring them closer to 4K, focusing and refining the image in real time. The LED panel has Triluminos technology, thanks to which a greater color palette can be used.
We are facing a Smart TV with Android, access to Google Play and Chromecast integrated. It also includes Wi-Fi connectivity, Bluetooth 4.1, 4 HDMI inputs and 3 USB ports. Available in 43 ”, 49”, 55 ”and 65” version.
Approximate price*: € 999.00 (49-inch version) | See on Amazon
Philips Ambilight 43PUS6704 / 12
One of the cheapest televisions with 4K resolution that we can currently find from a first brand, such as Philips. The truth is that its specifications are not bad: support for HDR10 +, Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos, ambient lighting and Smart TV functions.
The only downside that we can put is that it does not have Android, so if we want to use applications like HBO or Movistar we will have to resort to external sources. For the rest, it has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3 HDMI 2.0 ports and 2 USB 2.0 ports. Of the best under 400 euros.
Approximate price*: € 376.80 (43-inch model) | See on Amazon
This is the top-of-the-range model of Panasonic LCD televisions. It is compatible with HDR10 and incorporates two CI slots to be able to see up to 2 encoded TV signals. It has a 2200 Hz refresh rate, surround sound, as well as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a USB recorder. Includes 3 USB ports and 4 HDMI ports.
One of its most outstanding features is that it is a TV compatible with both Alexa and the Google Assistant.
Approximate price*: € 1283.65 (49-inch version) | See on Amazon
Excellent alternative if what we are looking for is a 65-inch 4K TV for an affordable price. This Sharp LC-65UI7252E has 4K resolution, HDR support, native H.265 / HEVC codec, integrated harman / kardon sound system with DTS Studio Sound, Dolby Digital and Digital +.
At the Smart TV level, it incorporates the Aquos Net + platform, with applications such as Netflix or YouTube, although it falls a bit short if we want to install apps such as HBO or Prime Video, in which case we will have to use the Miracast functions to play the content from the mobile or tablet. Regarding connectivity, it incorporates 3 HDMI 2.0 ports, 3 USB inputs and a card reader.
Approximate price*: 799.99€ | See on Amazon
This high-end TV from Sony features a stunning 55-inch 4K OLED display that stands out for its high contrast, Motionflow XR motion interpolation, HDR10 technology, Dolby Vision and OLED backlighting. It has 4 HDMI 2.0 ports, 2 USB 2.0 ports, headphone output and 5 speakers with an estimated power of 50W.
Like all Sony televisions, it has an integrated Android TV, so we can natively use streaming applications such as Netflix, HBO or Prime Video without problems. It also incorporates Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Miracast and Ethernet input. A premium TV whose only defect is the lack of punch of the bass sounds at certain times. Otherwise, real cinnamon stick.
Approximate price*: € 2995.00 (55 inch version) | See on Amazon
One of the best televisions of the LG house within the most premium mid-range of the brand. Mount a 4K Ultra HD display with IPS LED panel with 178 degrees of view. Compatible with 4 HDR formats: Dolby vision, HDR10, Technicolor, HLG and HDR Converter. The processor includes LG NanoCell TV technology to provide purer colors and deep learning to improve image and sound quality using AI.
As for the listening experience, we are facing a TV with Dolby Atmos sound with motion capture. Includes 4 HDMI 2.0 ports, 3 USB ports, headphone output, Miracast Overlay, Web Browser, 802.11ac WiFi and Bluetooth 5.0. All this with Smart TV functions with its WebOS 4.5 platform and all the applications associated with the system.
Approximate price*: € 903.76 (65-inch version) | See on Amazon
Samsung 4K UHD 2019 55RU8005
Similar model to the Samsung 4K 43RU7405 but with some improvements. It includes the “Wide viewing angle” functions to maintain image quality regardless of the angle and includes class A energy efficiency. It also incorporates a Smart TV function with “One remote control” with voice control, compatibility with Apple TV and the typical streaming apps like Movistar +, Netflix, DAZN, etc.
With regard to connectivity, it mounts 4 HDMI inputs, 2 USB, digital audio output and a CI card slot.
Approximate price*: € 749.99 (55-inch version) |See on Amazon
This interesting 4K television mounts an IPS panel with Direct LED backlight offering a great set of specifications for a small price. The TV supports 3 HDR formats: HDR10, HDR HLG and HDR Converter, which converts any content into HDR content. It includes Ultra Luminance and Local Dimming functions to improve image brightness and details, as well as a scaler to improve the resolution of lower quality images. All this with a very good refresh rate of 1900 PMI (perfect for gaming).
The sound has a power of 20W and Ultra Surround 2.0 quality. When it comes to connectivity, it supports DLNA, wifi, 4 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports. It also includes SmartTV functions thanks to its WebOS platform, with which we can record programs or surf the Internet. The only downside is that it is not compatible with Android, so in that sense it falls a bit short (although it does have the most popular streaming applications such as Netflix or HBO). The model is available in different sizes: 43 inches, 49 inches and 55 inches.
Approximate price*: € 660.19 (55 ”version) | See on Amazon
* Note: The approximate price is the price available at the time of writing this post in the corresponding online stores, such as Amazon.You have Telegram installed? Receive the best post of each day on our channel. Or if you prefer, find out everything from our Facebook page.