PIN code is the unlocking password associated with our SIM card. Basically, it is a 4-digit numerical code that allows us not only to unlock the phone when we start it up, but also to use the data and make calls. How do we have to do then if we want to change the PIN of our Android?
If we want to change the PIN on an Android with Xiaomi, on a Huawei mobile, or on a Vodafone SIM, the method will always be the same. The only change that we will have to take into consideration - and that is merely instrumental - will depend on our operating system (Android 7, 8 or whatever update).
How to change my Android PIN
The changes from one version of Android to another are really minimal. Menus may have slightly different names (“Settings" instead of "Setting”And things like that), but the essence is always the same. To change the PIN on Android we just have to follow the following steps:
- We go to the main menu of "Settings”.
- We move to the section of "Security”.
- We select "SIM card lock -> Change SIM card PIN”.
- The system will ask us to enter the old PIN.
- Finally, we establish the new PIN code and we confirm.
As you can see, it is a process that will not take us two minutes to complete.
How to change the PIN on Xiaomi (or any other mobile with Android 9.0)
As I mentioned a moment ago, the variants from one system to another, or from one mobile to another are very few. For example, if we have a Xiaomi phone with Android 9.0 Pie -such as the Xiaomi Mi A1 or the Mi A2-, the PIN change would be such that:
- We are going to "Settings”.
- Click on "Security and location”.
- We go down to "Advanced -> SIM card lock”.
- We click on "Change SIM card PIN”.
In some smartphones, the SIM PIN change is also usually located in “Settings -> Additional settings -> Privacy”.
How can I find out what my mobile PIN is?
All this is fine, but it will be of no use to us if we do not know what our SIM PIN is. The PIN code is indicated in the card or where the SIM came from.
- If the SIM already came inside the phone, the default PIN is 1234.
- If we enter an incorrect PIN 3 times, the SIM card will be blocked. In this case, we will have to enter the PUK code to unlock it. Once this is done we can change the PIN and set one to our liking.
If the default PIN does not work and we do not have the PUK code, the only way out is to talk to our telephone operator to change the PIN or send us a new card to our address.
How to deactivate the PIN of a SIM card
If you've had trouble remembering your PIN and want to delete it, that can be done as well. It is something that can cross our minds at any given moment. Although it is not recommended at all, since in case of theft we would be totally exposed.
It can be a serious security problem, but even so, if you are still interested, you can deactivate your SIM PIN as follows:
- We go to the menu of "Settings”From Android.
- We scroll to "Security -> SIM card lock”.
- Here we will see an activated tab that says “Lock SIM card”. We deactivate this option.
- The system will ask us to enter the current PIN code in order to remove the lock.
How to set a new lock screen
The SIM PIN is not a number that we have to be entering very assiduously - that is also why many of us forget it quickly. Only when we restart the phone completely, after it has been turned off, and similar cases.
Another thing is that let's use a PIN for the terminal lock screen, in which case, we will use it much more frequently. We may already be tired of entering a numeric code and want to use a pattern, a fingerprint or unlocking through facial recognition.
To change the screen lock mode in Android we just have to go to "Settings -> Security -> Screen lock”. From here we can establish a new blocking method or remove the existing one.
As always, for any questions, do not hesitate to go through the comments area.You have Telegram installed? Receive the best post of each day on our channel. Or if you prefer, find out everything from our Facebook page.