Not all devices today are capable of playing MKV videos. Although we are light years from past times in this regard, there are still many who need convert MKV videos, series or movies to AVI. How can we do it quickly and without losing their original quality or the subtitles that many of these videos have embedded?
In the android cabin we have been converting videos of different formats since time immemorial (MKV, MP4, MOV, FLV, etc.), and over the years I have come across a good handful of converters. The biggest problem I find in this regard has always been the same: finding a free app that does the job right, no watermarks or weird stuff and that offers a wide range of configurations (quality / resolution / subtitles etc.).
Convert MKV files to AVI with HD Video Converter Factory without losing quality
The converter that has worked the best for me lately is called HD Video Converter Factory. It is free, very complete and converts files at a great speed. It also has an improved paid version, but for the day-to-day, the free version is more than enough. Let's see how it works.
- The first thing is to download and install the program. We can do it from its official website HERE.
- We open the application and select "Add Files”From the top menu. We select the MKV file that we want to convert.
- By default, the application will convert the MKV video to AVI format with the same resolution, but we can modify it by clicking on the "Settings" button. Thus we can change the encoder (DivX, Xvid, H264, Smart Fit), the Bit Rate, the Frame Rate, the resolution
- If we do not want to make any changes of this type, we will simply look at the language and the subtitles. These 2 values can be adjusted from the main screen (under the name of the video).
- Finally, we only have to choose the path where we want the video to be saved, by clicking on "Output Folder”.
- Once we have everything to our liking, we click on "Run”.
If what we want is to convert a video from MKV to any other format, the tool offers a wide selection of formats (AVI, MP4, MKV, MOV, WMV, MPG, M4V, VOB, ASF, TS, 3GP, H264, H265, VP9 and more) and specific conversions for certain devices or brands (iPhone, PS3, PS4, PSP, various brands of televisions, HTC, Samsung devices, tablets etc.).
Today this is the program that I use to convert MKV videos to AVI and other formats from Windows, and the truth is that to date it has not given me any problem.
Convert MKV files to AVI online
We can also convert MKV videos to AVI without installing any program on your computer. For this we will use an online converter, which allows us to convert videos to various formats.
These types of web services are fine, but they usually have a size limit that usually around 200 or 250MB per file.
One of the fastest is ConvertFiles. It has an easy-to-use interface and we can add both videos that we have stored locally and videos located on the network via URL.
There are also other alternatives such as OnlineConvert, but the latter has a size limit of 100MB, which can come in handy for converting short-lived home videos –if we want to convert series or movies it is best to use a typical desktop application.
Efficient and quality payment alternatives like Leawo Video Converter
Another good solution can also be to get a license for a quality converter. If we do many conversions assiduously from the PC and look for the best program to convert files, a good option may be Leawo Video Converter.
A couple of years ago I got a license for this converter, and I would dare to say that it is the most complete payment converter I've seen to date. If I have to recommend any payment alternative, this would be my first option without a doubt. We can adjust the bitrate, codecs, frame rate, format and all kinds of details for each conversion in an intuitive and easy-to-use interface.
Convert MKV files to AVI on Mac
In the case of Apple, if we have a Mac, we also have at our disposal a couple of good converters to transform MKVs into AVIs.
- MacX Free MKV Video Converter: It is a free desktop application that convert MKV files to MP4, AVI, MOV, FLV and several other formats. It allows you to take screenshots of the videos and extract the audio from the reproductions.
- Handbrake: Another program, this time multiplatform, that performs the conversion of various types of formats, including MKV and AVI. It is also free and in this case, in addition, open source.
As you can see, the alternative to transfer videos, movies and series from one format to another is really wide. You, which one do you prefer?You have Telegram installed? Receive the best post of each day on our channel. Or if you prefer, find out everything from our Facebook page.