DAZN is one of the streaming platforms that is gaining the most popularity in recent times. If we have just contracted the service to watch the MotoGP races or a friend has given us their passwords and we are enjoying DAZN for free, we may have wondered what we have to do to watch DAZN on TV from a Chromecast.
If we do not have a smart TV that allows us to install applications, using a good Android TV Box or a Chromecast are the fastest and most comfortable outputs - not to say that they are almost the only ones - to watch streaming content from the TV. What's more, DAZN is compatible with Chromecast, which greatly facilitates its configuration. Let's see how it works!
Requirements to enjoy DAZN on the big screen
As we mentioned, the DAZN app is compatible with Chromecast, but it also has a dedicated application on iOS, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV Stick and Android TV. Likewise, it is also available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles.
Going into detail, in the case of smart TVs, DAZN is compatible with some brands such as Samsung Tizen (2015 - 2018), LG with webOS (2015 - 2018), Panasonic (2014 - 2018) or Sony Android TV. From here, if we do not meet any of these requirements, everything happens to use a Chromecast together with an Android mobile or a desktop computer.
How to watch DAZN on a Google Chromecast (from Android)
If we are going to use an Android mobile or tablet to send content to the Chromecast, the steps we must follow are the following:
- Make sure both the Android device and the Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. If you don't have a wireless network handy, take a look at the tutorial "How to set up a Chromecast without Wi-Fi."
- Open the DAZN app.
- Select the broadcast or content you want to play on the Chromecast.
- Finally, click on the Chromecast icon that appears at the top of the screen.
- In the "Send to ..." window select your Chromecast.
- The current broadcast will automatically be played on the device from the TV.
Once DAZN is connected to the Chromecast we will see a small menu in the app from where we can control the playback (pause, go back, jump to minute x, etc.).
How to watch DAZN on a Chromecast (from PC or Mac)
Another simple way to watch DAZN on TV via Chromecast without using your mobile. In this case we will use the web version of DAZN and a computer or laptop with the Chrome browser installed to send the content to the television.
- Before you begin, make sure your PC and Chromecast are connected to the same network.
- Open the Chrome browser and go to //www.dazn.com/.
- Display the browser options menu (3-dot icon, in the upper right margin) and click on "To transmit”.
- At this point, Chrome will search for all the devices it has at its fingertips. Once the Chromecast is detected, select it.
This will cause Chrome to stream the content as it is viewed in the browser. From here we only have to click on the "full screen" button that appears in the DAZN player so that the broadcast covers the entire extension of our TV.
As you can see, it is very easy to configure DAZN to watch basketball, soccer, boxing, MMA and more from the television. If you want to see other interesting applications to take advantage of your Chromecast do not miss this other POST.You have Telegram installed? Receive the best post of each day on our channel. Or if you prefer, find out everything from our Facebook page.