It's been a long time since we saw how to take screenshots on Android. The truth is that it does not have much mystery, but things can get a bit complicated when we try to do this on an Android TV. As we can take screenshots on a TV Box? It's possible?
In this sense, it all depends on the brand and model of our Android TV Box. Some lend themselves more to these types of functions, while others insist on making things a little more difficult for us. But if I just want to take a simple screenshot, bye!
5 different ways to take a screenshot on an Android TV Box
To make everything a little easier, we are going to review 5 different methods with which we can take screenshots on Android TV. Take a look and stay with the one that works best on your team.
Method 1: Use the remote control
Normally, when we take a screenshot or “screenshot"We do it on mobile jointly pressing the power and volume buttons down. The terminal recognizes the combination and automatically takes a screenshot of what is seen on the screen.
You know what? This same trick works on many Android TVs and TV Boxes on the market. All we have to do is take the remote controller of the device and press the power button + volume down. If we see that a capture animation is then shown on the television screen, that is a sign that the capture has been made.
Method 2: Screenshot using built-in function
Some Android TV models have a native function for taking screenshots. To do this, we must press and hold the Home button until we see a pop-up window appear.
In this new menu we will see a screenshot option or "screenshot" (in English). If we click on this option, the system will take a screenshot and we can save the image in the internal memory or share it.
Method 3: Official remote control app
Many TV boxes come standard your own remote control app or remote control. These types of applications usually have a screen capture tool integrated.
For example, if we have a Xiaomi Mi TV Box, we can use the Mi Remote Controller to take screenshots and save them directly on the mobile.
Method 4: Third-party apps to take screenshots
Not all TV boxes have their own remote control app. Especially if we have a Chinese TV box from a little-known brand. This is where it comes into play CetusPlay. Basically, it is an app that allows us to control our Android TV or TV box directly from the mobile. Fortunately, also allows you to take screenshots.Download QR-Code CetusPlay - TV Remote Server Receiver Developer: CetusPlay Global Price: Free
To use CetusPlay, we first have to install it both on the mobile and on the TV Box.
- We open the app on the TV and give it the requested permissions during startup.
- We run the app on the mobile and synchronize it with the TV. It is important that both devices are connected to the same WiFi network. If everything went well, we can control the TV from the mobile phone.
- To take screenshots, we must first enable USB debugging ("USB debugging" in English). To do this, we are going to “Settings -> About” («About»In English) and click 7 times in a row on the compilation number (“Build”).
- We will see a message on the screen indicating that the developer mode has been activated. Finally, we are going to “Settings -> Developer options”(« Developer options ») and activate debugging by USB.
With this we have everything ready to take screenshots. We open the CetusPlay app, click on the menu button in the upper left margin and select "Screen Capture”.
For this and many other reasons, one of those must-have apps for Android TV that everyone should try.
Method 5: Use a button mapping app
Did you know that we can reconfigure the physical buttons of our mobile to open applications or perform a specific action? For this we only need an app like Button Mapper. A tool that luckily is also available for Android TV.Download QR-Code Button Mapper: Remap your keys Developer: flar2 Price: Free
With Button Mapper we can change the function of one of the buttons on the remote controller of the TV Box for you to take screenshots.
- Download and install Button Mapper on your Android TV Box.
- Assign the “screenshot” or “screenshot” function to a specific button on the remote control.
- The application even allows us to assign the function to a double press or long press. Choose the one that suits you best for your day to day.
If we have an Android TV Box of proven quality such as a Mi Box or an Nvidia Shield, it is likely that any of the 5 mentioned methods will work for us. Another thing is that we have a Chinese TV Box of less than 50 euros, in which case, it is most likely that we will have to opt for the last 2 methods mentioned in this tutorial.You have Telegram installed? Receive the best post of each day on our channel. Or if you prefer, find out everything from our Facebook page.