On January 1, I shared around these parts my personal list with the 10 films that I had liked the most in 2018, so it is more or less inevitable that I will complete the circle by also talking about the series with which I have had the most fun these last 12 months.
Although I have seen many other series throughout the year, in the following list I will only take into consideration those that have seen the light for the first time or have premiered during 2018.
My 10 favorite series of 2018
- Maniac: This peculiar series starring Emma Stone and Jonah Hill has been the biggest surprise of the year - at least for me. A journey into schizophrenia full of memorable episodes and great performances.
- Glow: The second season of wrestling girls continues to maintain the high bar, combining comedy with drama in a masterful way. The aesthetics and soundtrack are just great.
- Daredevil: The third and seemingly final season of Daredevil is Matt Murdock's Swan Song. The best superhero series of the year by far, thanks in part to the presence of the chilling Vincent D’Onofrio.
- Star trek discovery: The return of Star Trek to television has caused a lot of controversy among fans. Although it is true that the whole thing has been "militarized" a bit, leaving aside pure exploration in favor of action, it is a series that hooks from the beginning. The best special effects of the year.
- Narcos: Narcos returns, this time to tell us about the adventures of Mexican narco Miguel Angel Felix Gallardo. Although it maintains the level of the previous seasons, it is true that it is a little longer, and that they could have cut a couple of episodes. At least, we have an unexpected cameo of those that are marked on the retina.
- Sick leave (Sick Note): One of the craziest black comedies I have come across on television in recent years. Starring Rupert Grint (Harry Potter's red-haired friend) and Nick Frost, this series humorously shows how mean and selfish people can be in certain situations.
- Paquita Salas: Here we have Paquita Salas again in a second season that confirms what we all imagined already: that it is not a bluff, that there is quality here. For many the best Spanish series of the year.
- Trailer Park boys: After the sad death of one of the protagonists, this 12th season may be the last. Julian, Ricky and Bubbles continue to do their thing in Sunnyvale, as incorrigible as ever, no matter how hard they try to avoid it. A humorous mockumentary at the height of classics like The Office.
- The FlashWhile the series seems to be continuing to languish, the writers continue to find ways to develop exciting new villains for The Flash. That merit must be recognized. This fourth season, with DeVoe as the final enemy to beat, he manages to take flight for the grand finale. Of course, the love sequences between Barry and Iris, put with a shoehorn, are already embarrassing to others: they should do something about it if they do not want us to end up hating - even more - such a couple with so little chemistry.
- Good girls: The last surprise this year has been "Good Girls". A comedy that walks halfway between "Desperate Housewives" and "Breaking Bad". Some mothers who live in a Detroit urbanization decide to rob a supermarket, and inadvertently end up with a bigger loot than expected.
And what do you say? What have been your favorite series of 2018?You have Telegram installed? Receive the best post of each day on our channel. Or if you prefer, find out everything from our Facebook page.